Buyer - I need a refund of the earnest money

The earnest money is being held by the designated broker or title company, referred to in your purchase agreement. 

If you have cancelled your purchase, please work with your real estate agent to turn in your signed cancellation and request a refund of your earnest money, from this company. We refer to them as the Designated Trust Account Holder, this is the party chosen to hold the funds, and TrustFunds is not able to issue refunds on their behalf.

They do have an option to send the refund through TrustFunds, which will send the money back to the account it was paid from. If you would like it refunded that way, you could request that they use TrustFunds, they can also still choose to issue a check.

Was this article helpful?
3 out of 8 found this helpful
Have more questions? Submit a request